What Are The Differences Between Revit And Autocad?
AUTOCAD and REVIT are arguably the two most widely used programs in the architecture and engineering industry. Although these two software, whose names we often hear together, basically serve the same purpose, the paths are very different.
In this article, we will talk about the pros and cons of REVIT and AUTOCAD and try to convey the difference between them.
What Is Autocad?
Used by architects, engineers and designers, AUTOCAD is a computer-aided drawing program that allows two-dimensional or three-dimensional drawings of projects. A vector-based AUTOCAD; It can meet the needs of its users in many fields such as architecture, manufacturing, mechanics, construction, electricity and installation.
What Are The Advantages Of Autocad?
- AUTOCAD is a program widely used in educational institutions.
- It is easy to learn AUTOCAD. In addition, it provides easy use to its users with its simple level toolbar.
- AUTOCAD is used in many different sectors. For this reason, the number of AUTOCAD users is higher.
- AUTOCAD is a suitable program for technical drawings.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Autocad?
- The files of AUTOCAD are opened only with DWG, which is its own extension. However, joint use can be provided with other “CAD” programs with DXF.
- Drawing is done with vectors in AUTOCAD.
- If we want to change a structure in AUTOCAD, we need to re-create the accounts of the whole structure.
- There is no file sharing in AUTOCAD, only one user works on the project at the same time.
- When drawing with AUTOCAD, different programs are used for calculations, texts, structural analysis and other fabrics.
- Since the data obtained from different programs are entered manually, the margin of error is high. In addition, this can cause conflicts.
What Is Revit?
It is a design program that can make 3D modeling developed by AUTODESK. The main difference that distinguishes REVIT and AUTOCAD from each other is that REVIT uses more similar blocks to real life during drawing and has ready templates.
REVIT can create structural, mechanical and architectural models. It is mostly used in business world.
With the help of REVIT Structure, you can create a static project of the structures. Revit, which provides structural modeling of the building, can be created with detailed sections along with the sections we will take after providing structural modeling.
Although REVİT and BİM are thought to be used for the same purpose, REVIT is a software BİM and information sharing process. But we should mention that REVIT is one of the software that complements BIM best.
What Are The Advantages Of Revit?
- It saves time.
- Allows multiple users to work on the project at the same time.
- There are ready-made templates and molds in REVIT.
- It offers 3D software modeling as well as 2D digital images.
- REVIT stores all data in one file.
- All calculations and analyzes are done through REVIT.
- If REVIT is used, no different program or software is needed.
- A change in the project changes all accounts of the project, REVIT automatically organizes new accounts.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Revit?
- REVIT, which mostly responds to the needs of the business world, is not used frequently in educational institutions.
- No matter how easy it is to use REVIT, it is long to learn and switch to effective use due to its complex structure.
Consequently, REVIT is not used as widely as AUTOCAD, as it saves time and creates a better rander, as the learning process is difficult and meets the needs of certain areas. Just because AUTOCAD has more disadvantages than REVIT does not mean it is useless. AUTOCAD is an important program that everyone who works in engineering and architects must know. In addition, the fact that the AUTOCAD program offers new software customized to architects and engineers is one of the important reasons why it is still in use.
What Is Post Tension?30 September 2022
Steel Static Projects27 September 2021
Subtleties Of Steel Structures11 August 2021
Reinforcement Of Buildings4 June 2021
Design In Reinforced Concrete Constructions29 March 2021
Design Criteria Of Steel Structures28 February 2021
Why Are Transformer Static Projects Important?19 February 2021
Seicmic Isolator11 November 2020
Hollow Beamless Flooring Systems29 October 2020
Wind Turbine Basic Strengthening Projects6 May 2020
What Are The Differences Between Revit And Autocad?6 April 2020
Industrial Buildings Project30 March 2020
Industrial Tank Static Accounts3 March 2020
What Is Scaffold Static Account?5 February 2020